Monday, February 25, 2008

Instant Access to Customers Helps Real Estate Agent

Lee McClelland works on a team of six real-estate professionals for Prudential Kansas City Realty. A potential buyer was navigating their Web site around 9:30 one night and asked for more information about one of their listings. “We would like to see this house,” the buyer wrote in an e-mail. “Please call ASAP.”

McClelland was home at the time, but he received the e-mail request on his Treo 700. “I received the e-mail within minutes and was able to immediately respond to the customer’s request,” he said. “Did I call you back fast enough?” McClelland asked the woman who answered the phone. McClelland could hear her astounded husband in the background saying, “I just e-mailed the guy two minutes ago.”

The buyer was very impressed with McClelland’s instant response. Not only did the Prudential team sell that customer a house, but they also listed their old house and sold it, too. “I’m constantly in meetings and often can’t step out to take a call, but I can usually respond with a message. It’s increased my productivity tenfold.”

0 comments: